The Fibaro Flood Sensor is a water leak detection sensor that monitors moisture, temperature, and battery level
Hubsai now supports the Fibaro Flood Sensor Z-Wave water leak detector. In addition to detecting moisture, this sensor measures air temperature to trigger high and low-temperature alarms, has a tamper alarm, and tracks battery level. It is battery-powered and therefore installs quick and easy on any surface. Along with the device sounding an alarm when water is detected, Hubsai generates push notifications. Multiple Fibaro Flood Sensors can be integrated into a greater Z-Wave network, therefore extending the reporting range of the devices. Hubsai also supports flood sensors reporting from multiple units via a single hub and app for multifamily property owners. Lastly, the primary use cases for these water leak detectors include detecting moisture under kitchen sinks, bathroom sinks, hot water heaters, and washing machines.
Fibaro Motion Sensor Features:
- Compatible with any Z-Wave Controller.
- Works with any Z-Wave or Z-Wave+ Controller (firmware 3.2 or higher).
- Supports protected mode (Z-Wave network security mode) with AES-128 encryption (firmware 3.2 or higher).
- May be connected to any alarm system (potential-free output terminal).
- Extremely easy installation – simply put on a surface prone to flooding.
- Can be installed anywhere–flood sensor’s contacts extended with a wire.
- Battery or VDC powered. When connected to an external, 12/24V DC power source, the battery serves as an emergency power source.
- Theft protection–tilt is reported to the Z-Wave network or alarm system’s main controller.
- Two operating modes – flood/temperature sensor or just a temperature sensor.
- The alarm is signaled by sound, a visual indicator (LED diode), and Z-Wave.
Sensor Technical Data:
|Power Supply:||Battery or 12–24V DC supply (LPS or NEC class 2)|
|Battery Type:||CR123A/CR17345 battery, 3.0V DC|
|Power consumption (at VDC operation):||0.4W|
|Output terminals maximum current carrying capacity:
(ALARM NC, TAMP NC):
|The maximum voltage at output terminals:
(SMOKE NC, TAMP NC):
|24V DC / 20V AC|
|EU standards compliance:||RED 2014/53/EU
Z-Wave+ (firmware 3.2 or higher)
|Radiofrequency:||868.4 or 869.8 MHz EU;
908.4 or 916.0 MHz US;
921.4 or 919.8 MHz ANZ;
869.0 MHz RU;
|Transmit power:||up to -5 dBm (EIRP)|
|Range:||to 50 m outdoors,
up to 30 m indoors,
and up to 40 m indoors (firmware 3.2 or higher)
(depending on terrain and building structure)
|Operational temperature:||0°C to 40°C – battery powering mode
-20°C to 70°C – VDC powering mode
|Measured temperature range:||-20°C to 100°C|
|Temperature measuring accuracy:||0.5°C (within 0 – 40°C range)|
|Dimensions:||72 x 28mm|
You can find more product information about the Fibaro Flood Sensor by visiting https://www.fibaro.com. Conversely, if you need device technical information, the operating manuals can be found here: https://manuals.fibaro.com/flood-sensor. Similarly, information about operating the Fibaro Flood Sensor in the Hubsai app can be found in the Hubsai User Guide.